Edité par Vanessa R. de Obaldía et Claudio Monge
Préface de Claudio Monge
The Isis Press ; Istanbul, 2022. 205 p.
PART ONE.STATUS: LEGALITY AND CONFLICT.
1. “I shall not take their churches and turn them into mosques”: The Legal Status of Catholic Churches in Ottoman Galata as Prescribed by theʿAhdnāmes. Radu Dipratu
2. An Endless Housing Dispute: Catholic - Muslim Conflict around the Yeni Valide and Arab Mosques in Galata (1693-1713). Kenan Yıldız
PART TWO. PEOPLE: IDENTITY, REPRESENTATION AND RELATIONS
3. From Master to Minority: the Genoese of Pera-Galata across the Byzantine-Ottoman Boundary. Padraic Rohan
4. The Latin Vekil and the Vartaliti Family: Local Representation, Intermediary Work and Family Interests in Ottoman Istanbul (1844-1923). Gabriel Doyle
5. Patriarch Maksīmūs Maẓlūm’s Reverse Missionary Entreprise during the Tanẓīmāt Period: Bringing the Greek Catholics back into the Greek Rite. Anaïs Massot
PART THREE.CHURCHES: FOUNDATION AND TRANSFORMATION
6. Latin, Armenian, Ottoman: Shared Space and Material Culture in the Catholic Churches of Pera and Galata. Paolo Girardelli
7. Notre-Dame Du Rosaire: Insights into the Construction and Contestations of the First Dominican Church of the post-Tanẓīmāt Period. Vanessa R. de Obaldía
PART FOUR. EDUCATION: NATIONALISM AND MISSION
8. Italian Latin Catholics in late Ottoman Istanbul: Transnational Culture and National Education. Francesco Pongiluppi
9. The Inception and Development of the Educational Activities of the Salesian Congregation in Istanbul during the late Ottoman Period. Buğra Poyraz